Life is a journey; the choices you make now will determine your eternal destination.

Friday, March 27, 2015

Lenten Reflections- The Stations of the Cross: The 9th Station

The Ninth Station
Jesus falls the third time

Weary unto death..... at this last fall, Jesus barely has the strength to get up and continue the journey..... 
As we approach the end of our life's journey, we are often weakened by illness, sadness, suffering both mental and physical.  We cannot give up for not only is the end in sight, but the reward that Jesus gave us in His Resurrection is also close. We must accept our struggle at the end of our life, for as Jesus shows us in this last fall, He has set the example for us. Struggle, and persevere no matter what is in God's design for us. We may be weak and heavily burdened- but we cannot give up hope that our reward will be in heaven. 
O Jesus, grant that I may never lose hope, or lose my trust in You. Give me courage when I need it most, and grant me the grace of final perseverance. 

1 comment:

Michael said...

Shirley - this is a beautiful reflection, and a great reminder. I hope you have a Blessed Holy week!