Life is a journey; the choices you make now will determine your eternal destination.

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Lenten Reflections- The Stations of the Cross: the 1st Station

The First Station
Jesus is Condemned to Death

Pilate washed his hands as a signal that Jesus was to be put to death. How many times have we washed our hands of our Saviour, shutting Him out of our lives!
 If we could stand in His presence, how would He judge us?
 Could you bear to look at His Holy Face and say, Jesus, I don't want You to live in my heart, in my life- I want to cling to my sinful ways because it gives me pleasure, and to live a holy life is too hard!
Or would you fall on your knees and ask forgiveness and mercy, from Him who received no mercy at the hands of His tormentors?

Jesus, let me never condemn You and shut You out of my life! Grant me the grace to change my sinful ways! Let me never reject You again.

1 comment:

Marilena Fenn said...

Oh how I wish the person I am praying for would accept Jesus into her life. Especially if she is condemned to death. :(

May we all NEVER reject our Lord, and Saviour, Jesus Christ. May we reject sin, and all that it comes with to be with Jesus! for when we die, He will ask each and everyone of us, "do you love Me?" if you died in sin, you would answer no.

I want for the whole world to accept Christ into their life, and never reject Him in favour of leading a sinful life. As you said, the choice you make now, determines where you go.

I would beg Christ for forgiveness. This life that we live on Earth is full of temptation, only those that reject it, and not God are the ones who will have a chance to live forever with Christ the King.

May the soul that I am praying for come to Christ before she dies. I pray for final perseverance for her, for the whole world, and for myself, those that I love.

Keep close to God, and the Most Blessed Virgin, and Jesus Christ. Pray that God has mercy on us, now, and at the moment of our death.