Life is a journey; the choices you make now will determine your eternal destination.

Sunday, January 18, 2015

What will the new year bring?

At the start of every year, we tend to take stock of our hopes and dreams, our progress or lack of it, think of the things we want to change or goals we want to achieve.
I am fortunate to have the chance to cross something off my "bucket list" this year, but it is nothing compared to what I want to achieve on a spiritual level.
This is what I want to do this year: to never forget the Holy Presence of God. To remember Him, and His love for us, especially in those moments when I am most perplexed or upset, not just in the moments when I am thinking that all is well in my world.
In remembering His Holy Presence,  I want to do what is pleasing to God, even in the little things. My thoughts, actions and words should reflect my acknowledgement of His Presence.
My decisions even in mundane matters should be made with His approval in mind.
I know that I am weak, and easily distracted.
And so I pray, that the Blessed Virgin will assist me because she was infused with a closeness to God unknown to any other human being. O Mary, help me to remember the Holy Presence of God always, and to keep in mind His love for us, and the sacrifice your Son made for us. Strengthen me O Blessed Mother and shelter me from my own attachment to sin. Help me O Mother of Perpetual Help! Help me to persevere in prayer, and not grow lax and lazy. Help me to love Jesus as much as you did, and to seek Him always.

2 comments:

Marilena Fenn said...

Exactly what I needed to read, and to remember myself. Thank you.

Michael said...

Thank you for sharing this - it was quite inspirational for me.

God Bless you.