Life is a journey; the choices you make now will determine your eternal destination.

Monday, February 3, 2014

Another year closer

I'm considering a slight change of direction for this blog. I prefer to no longer comment on worldly issues, social justice, news, the things going on at the Vatican etc. To grow spiritually, one must not be entranced with worldly issues, but concentrate on the journey within oneself. At least, this is true for me.

I find that I have a bit of an obstinate streak; when I don't like someone or something, I have a hard time in letting go of that and looking at the situation in the light of Christian values. (My husband is much better at this than I am!). This will be my focus this year, to overcome my attachment to my own desires and kick them a couple of rungs down the ladder of importance. I want to benefit my soul, and the souls of others, and not worry about the matters of day to day living. I pray that the Lord will order my daily life, give me inspirations of grace and help me to achieve my ultimate goal: to live according to His will for me, so that I may spend eternity in His Holy Presence- oh the joy!




9 comments:

Michele said...

I have the same issue. Exact same issue to be perfectly honest. I think I will try your advice! :)

Michael said...

Praying for you as you embark on this journey!

God Bless.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Best wishes and prayers.

God bless.

Michele said...

I think when i look over things in life, that if i could have changed a lot earlier in my life, I would have without hesitation. Its harder for me to change as an adult, than it would have been as a young woman.

Shirley said...

Ah yes, but Wisdom comes with age, and the soul grows closer to God by looking within oneself and finding all the imperfections that keep us from God.

Michele said...

That's right. Thank God for wisdom!

paramedicgirl said...

I've been on Facebook so much, I was going to click the "Like" button! Ha-ha! Seriously, though, that's a great idea, now, putting it into practice is so much harder, at least for me anyway.

Joanne Perrett said...

I really love your blog,, thanks for sharing God bless you

Chinwee said...

Words of wisdom indeed! I realised I was kind of barking up the wrong tree 2 years back as well, being involved in all kinds of debate over theology. I forgot Jesus only called us to Love Him, and His People.

Going back to that first Love and Journey with Him.

Wishing you the best!