Life is a journey; the choices you make now will determine your eternal destination.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Peace of mind

As a follow up to my last post on my journey, I have found a resolution to my turmoil. It was a simple, heartfelt prayer, in front of the tabernacle in a silent, otherwise empty church, in which I asked my beloved Jesus to help me to overcome my issues. I pleaded for peace in my mind and soul.
We all know the Bible verse,
 Ask, and it shall be given you: seek, and you shall find: knock, and it shall be opened to you. [Matthew 7:7] 
 I know this, we all have been taught this, and it does happen. I think the Lord answers our prayers when they well up from the anguish in our souls, and not when we ask as a routine prayer. Before I even left the church that day, I could feel His peace like a gift to my soul. Since then, I have been able to manage my thoughts and keep peace in my heart in this matter. Much to the devil's disgust, I'm sure; he thought he had me.
 

2 comments:

Michele said...

God answers prayers in His time. Probably when He sees that the grace He gives from answering our prayers will benefit us the most.

He really is a wonderful Father!

Michael said...

Shirley
I needed this perspective. Thank you.
I hope you have a Blessed Holy Week!