Life is a journey; the choices you make now will determine your eternal destination.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Storm Novena for Fr. Corapi and the Catholic Church

Please join me in praying the Storm Novena on June 24, for Fr. Corapi, preferably beginning at 3 PM, the hour of Divine Mercy. The intention for the novena is that the hierarchy of the Catholic Church will recognize the need for change in the way they deal with accusations against priests, and that Fr. Corapi will receive the grace he needs at this dark time in his life.
For those who do not know the Storm Novena, here is a link explaining it, and these are the prayers:

A Storm Novena consists of nine visits to the Blessed Sacrament in one day, praying on one's knees, and with outstretched arms, to obtain a speedy and unfailing answer to prayer.
It is performed on our knees to indicate our total helplessness and dependence on God; with extended arms .


How We Make Our Storm Novenas

The first visit is always introduced by an act of Perfect Contrition:

O my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended Thee and I detest all my sins because I dread the loss of heaven and the pains of hell, but most of all because they offend Thee, my God, Who art all good and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve with the help of Thy grace, to confess my sins, to do penance and to amend my life. Amen.
To which are then added the following invocations at each visit:
1. O Sacred Heart of Jesus --
have mercy on us and grant us our request.

2. Our Lady of Perpetual Help --
pray for us and obtain our request.

3. The Memorare:
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, and sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence I fly unto thee, O Virgin of Virgins, my Mother! To thee I come, before thee I stand sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen. 

4. Saint Joseph, Friend of the Sacret Heart --
pray for us and obtain our request.

5. Saint Jude --
pray for us and obtain our request.

6. Saint Anthony --
pray for us and obtain our request.

7. Saint Conrad --
pray for us and obtain our request.

8. Saint Benedict [the Moor] --
pray for us and obtain our request.

9. Saint Roch --
pray for us and obtain our request.

10. Saint Dominic and Saint Francis --
pray for us and obtain our request.

11. Saint Theresa, Little Flower of Jesus --
pray for us and obtain our request.

12. Ye Blessed Martyrs of Uganda --
pray for us and obtain our request.

13. Saint Martin de Porres --
pray for us and obtain our request.

14. All Ye Holy Angels and Saints --
pray for us and obtain our request.

 Please print these prayers, and blog or Facebook this, so that we can storm heaven worldwide! We need to make our voices heard, and this is the best way I know. I have personal experience with how very powerful this novena is.

1 comment:

OnFire said...

i will part take in the storm movena for the church leaders, and for father corapi.