Life is a journey; the choices you make now will determine your eternal destination.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Consecration

Sunday April 10th is the day I make my consecration to Jesus through Mary, following the way taught by St. Louis de Montfort in True Devotion to Mary. I have put a link to this devotion on my sidebar, which contains an easy to follow format without having to go to the expense of buying the books from which the readings and meditations are taken.(You will need the book, True Devotion to Mary, which explains the devotion.) If you have been thinking about doing this, now is the time. Devotion to our Lady strengthens us in our life of Grace, gives us hope, and is pleasing to God.
The way our Church is under attack, the natural disasters that are pounding the world, and the unholy work of the secular world determined to win souls for Hell, can be combated by the Blessed Virgin, who always brings us to Jesus. "Our life, our sweetness, and our hope". To turn to Mary is to turn to God. I always think of her words from the wedding feast at Cana: "Whatsoever he shall say to you, do ye." (Jn.2:5)

3 comments:

Daily Grace said...

My heartfelt congratulations to you! I made my Total Consecration to Jesus through Mary to on Dec. 8, 2009, something I am forever thankful for.

I place you in the Immaculata's heart today and always, that she may continue to guide and protect you, and that she may lead you ever closer to her son Jesus

May your Feast Day be filled with all the heavenly graces our Lord wishes to bestow on you.

God bless!

Oh, I love the picture you used too!

Michele said...

thanks for the link, and the great post! i love the artwork you provided here:)

Smiley said...

Sorry i missed this, congratulations. I did this last year. our Lady really really really is an awesome mistress to be a salve of love of.