Life is a journey; the choices you make now will determine your eternal destination.

Monday, September 6, 2010

Love lies hidden

One of my favorite books is The Way Of Divine Love, and I picked up a little booklet called I Wait For You, which is excerpts dealing with the Eucharist. I love Our Lord in the Eucharist; every time I go into the Church while I am at work as Parish Secretary, and the silence of the Church surrounds me, my heart leaps for joy at being in His Presence. I am blessed to have this job just for the opportunities it gives me to be closer to Him.. Here are the words of Our Lord as dictated to Sister Josefa:

I am Love! My Heart can no longer contain its devouring flames. I love souls so dearly that I have sacrificed My life for them.
It is this love that keeps me prisoner in the tabernacle. For nearly twenty centuries I have dwelt there, night and day, veiled under the species of Bread and concealed in the small white Host, bearing through love, neglect, contempt, blasphemies, outrages, sacrileges....
For love of souls, I instituted the Sacrament of Penance, that I might forgive them, not once or twice, but as often as they need to recover grace. There I wait for them, longing to wash away their sins, not in water, but in My Blood.
How often in the course of ages have I, in one way or another, made known My love for men: I have shown them how ardently I desire their salvation. I have revealed My Heart to them. This devotion has been as light cast over the whole earth, and today is a powerful means of gaining souls, and so of extending My Kingdom.
Now, I want something more, for if I long for love in response to My own, this is not the only return I desire from souls: I want them to all have confidence in My mercy, to expect all from My clemency, and to never doubt My readiness to forgive.
I am God, but a God of Love! I am a Father, but a Father full of compassion and never harsh. My Heart is infinitely holy but also infinitely wise, and, knowing human frailty and infirmity, stoops to poor sinners with infinite mercy.
I love those who after a fall come first to Me for pardon.... I love them still more when they beg pardon for their second sin, and should this happen again, I do not say a million times but a million million times, I still love them and pardon them, and I will wash in My Blood their last as fully as their first sin.
Never shall I weary of repentant sinners, nor cease from hoping for their return, and the greater their distress, the greater My welcome. Does not a father love a sick child with special affection? Are not his care and solicitude greater? So is the tenderness and compassion of My Heart more abundant for sinners than for the just.
This is what I wish all to know. I will teach sinners that the mercy of My Heart is inexhaustible. Let the callous and indifferent know that My Heart is a fire which will enkindle them, because I love them. To devout and saintly souls I would be their Way, that making great strides in perfection, they may safely reach the harbour of eternal beatitude. Lastly, of consecrated souls, priests and religious, My elect and chosen ones, I ask, once more, all their love and that they should not doubt Mine, but above all that they should trust Me and never doubt My mercy. It is so easy to trust completely in My Heart!

So, knowing that our loving and merciful Lord lies awaiting us in the Tabernacle, hidden there for love of us, my heart is filled with joy in His presence, for He loves even me, a sinner.

2 comments:

paramedicgirl said...

Joe gave me a copy of that book - I have yet to read it though. Maybe as I unpack the rest of my boxes, I will find it! right now I am reading another book by St Slphonsus de Liguori called Victories of the Martyrs.

Michael said...

"This is what I wish all to know. I will teach sinners that the mercy of My Heart is inexhaustible."

Thank God!

Thanks for posting this - I really enjoyed it!

God Bless.