Life is a journey; the choices you make now will determine your eternal destination.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Who would have thought....

That I would ever be Parish Secretary. You see, I'm an outdoors type of person; I'm happiest on the back of a horse in the middle of nowhere. Most of my working career has been either outdoors or as a heavy equipment operator; I was a snowplow operator for over 16 years. But ever since 2000, when my back gave out on me, I've had to accept menial jobs; cashier in convenience stores etc. So when the job opening came up for parish secretary, I didn't even consider applying for it. I've never done this type of work. I am self taught on the computer, and have no accounting experience. One day, a friend of mine said after Mass that I should apply for the job. It felt just like the Holy Spirit kicking me in the butt! I did a lot of praying about it, and decided to apply; my prayer was that if it was for the greater glory of God and my salvation that I would get the job... well, I did, so I guess He has plans for me. Hope I don't disappoint Him!
I'm starting off with a new priest, as ours was transferred, so I'm sure confusion will reign for a while. But I do have some wonderful people who I can call on for help if things go south.
By the grace of God-and the help of those whom I pray to for intersession-I hope to do a good job.

4 comments:

Michele said...

oh you will:) your a people person. you'll be fine:D

Lloyd said...

I really enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. I would like to invite you to come on over to my blog and check it out. God bless, Lloyd

NotAlone said...

I love your blog. Please check out my new blog! Support me if you can! :)

http://hd4you.blogspot.com

Thanks and I look forward to reading your future blog post.

Smith

KAM said...

Good luck on your new career! God be with you.