Life is a journey; the choices you make now will determine your eternal destination.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Devotions meme

Tom in Vegas tagged anyone who wanted to, with the meme of listing my favorite 5 devotions.
So, here are mine:
1. Like Tom, my foremost devotion is attending Mass, as many as possible, and receiving the Eucharist. It is the best way to start, or end, the day.
2.Praying the Rosary. I've been praying the daily rosary for many years now, and on the very few occasions I forget, I feel like I have missed a very important part of my day.
3.Whenever someone takes the Lord's name in vain, even if it's in a movie, I say "Blessed be God's Holy Name forever!" I used to pray this silently, but lately I vocalize it, sometimes loud enough for the offender to hear- much to their surprise!
4. Several short prayers, which I say throughout the day, my favorite being "Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the living God, have mercy on me, a sinner".
5.And last but not least, praying every day for the Holy Souls in Purgatory, and offering my actions and indulgences for their benefit.

If you would like to share your devotions, play along!

2 comments:

John - said...

Some of my daily devotions include:
1) Saying the Rosary daily. I started doing this in Dec. 2009 and haven't missed a day since. I really hope that I never miss a day.

2) For 77 days I'm saying 1,007 short prayers to Mary (per day). "Immaculate Heart of Mary I put all my trust in you." I can't provide a good explaination surrounding why the 77 days or the 1,007 prayers a day... it's just something that came to me.

3) I always pray for the sick, dying, bed ridden, disabled that they reach out to God and find comfort in Him. And that He breathes blessings upon them.

4) I say many more smaller prayers at night.

5) After I read your #3, about taking the Lord's name in vain. I've started saying that also. Thanks so much for sharing that!

Michael said...

Thanks for sharing! those were inspiring! God Bless.