Life is a journey; the choices you make now will determine your eternal destination.

Friday, March 26, 2010

Reflecting on Lent


Lent is now coming to an end, and Holy Week about to begin. As I look back on my Lenten Journey, I can see my weaknesses and failings, but also some of the spiritual benefits. Although I failed at one of my goals, I did well in the other, and know what I need to work on. I find that I do best with simple goals, and don't try to do too much at once. Something simple done well has more value than a lofty goal poorly performed.
I think it's really important to choose those things in life that help me to attain my spiritual goals, and to cast away those that trip me up, and cause me to fall away from God. One at a time, free myself from worldly attachments. One at a time, give up the goals or dreams I had that were my plans and not God's plan. And the more I do this, I find that I am a much happier person.
Learning to trust God is the hardest lesson, but I am learning to really mean it when I say, "Jesus, I trust in You".
A Blessed Holy Week to all of you.

3 comments:

Michael said...

Its amazing how hard it is to really be honest and strip away our plan from God's plan. It sounds like you are on the right track and I pray you keep moving successfully forward! God Bless and have a spiritual Holy Week.

Tom in Vegas said...

A blessed Holy Week to you and to your family!

Marilena said...

every time i say, Jesus, i trust in You! i mean it. i really do.