Life is a journey; the choices you make now will determine your eternal destination.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Goals


Have you attained the goals you set for yourself this year? As I look back, I can see that I failed miserably in some, and attained others. Ah, well, I am only human and weak, and so I will continue to struggle. The unattained goals, I will focus on again this year.
One goal that I did accomplish was my increase of devotion to St. Joseph, who I took for my patron Saint of this year. I read a book on his life, and pray to him every day for help in various matters, especially for help in devotion to Mary. I have done Prime and Compline of the Little Office of the Blessed Virgin all year, and sometimes the other Hours as well.
I recently acquired this print of Our Lady, which I love; it's the same as the one my mom had. I imagine Mary holding the love of God close within her, oblivious to the world and all that would take that Love away.
So this coming year, I will work again on increasing my devotion to our Blessed Mother, and I place all of you, my readers, within her Immaculate Heart, and under the shelter of her Mantle.
May 2010 be a year filled with blessings for you and your families.

3 comments:

Marilena said...

i gave that beautiful picture to moms a few years ago:) iam glad she liked it:) its really pretty! thanks for praying for me. i really could use the prayers right now! have a blessed new year!

Michael said...

And the same to you! What I beautiful picture of our Blessed Mother!

Aussie Therese said...

I just went into my archives to see my goals from last year.

I was suppose to declutter a room a month and started a diary listing what I wanted done in each room.

I think I kept the diary for the school holidays only (so about 4 weeks).

I did set a goal though of getting more to weekday mass with Tom, Amelia and Christopher and I have done that.

Maybe I should take up the diary idea again this year.