Life is a journey; the choices you make now will determine your eternal destination.

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thank you

Thank you to all who sent their well wishes. My mom is laid to rest now; we had a traditional Requiem Mass in Latin for her as she would have wished, and what's a funeral without rain? The family gathered from across the country, and I had the pleasure of spending some time with my daughter, who is a lawyer in Ontario- I only get to see her about once a year.
My mom was a very prayerful person, and she made great spiritual progress in the last couple of years of her life. She will always be an inspiration to me to persevere in prayer. I am fortunate to inherit her Missal, and a few other books, the chief treasure of which is Thomas A Kempis's The Imitation of Christ; a book that I was intending to buy.
My computer crashed the night mom died, and is still giving me trouble, but I am working on another post of quotes from Bishop Fulton J. Sheen from his book The Life of Christ, which I recommend to all. It is better than any Bible Study session.

4 comments:

Aussie Therese said...

It is wonderful when our parents are good examples in living the faith.

I am glad you were able to spend time with your daughter and family.

Continued prayers for you all.

saintos said...

That missal is a treasure. Wonderful. Sorry to learn of the computer crash, because of that you may have missed the little sketch I did to honour your mom. http://drawntocatholicism.com/blog/?p=299 God bless you.

Marilena said...

Saintos, I saw your little sketch of our mother, and that is absolutely wonderful of you. Really nicely done.
God bless you!

Shirley said...

That is a great sketch, Saintos! I've linked to your blog on my sidebar so I can visit you more often. Mom would have liked that drawing.