Life is a journey; the choices you make now will determine your eternal destination.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Update....My Journey

Yes, I'm still blogging! We have finished moving our possessions to Creston, and although I'm not set up with my own computer, I'm posting with my husband's laptop. We are living in temporary accommodations, and would appreciate prayers for us to find a place to live where we can have our animals with us. (Horses, dogs, cats....) Yes that's right, cats, plural. we have acquired a kitten, and honest, I had nothing to do with it for once! Ted fell in love with this kitten and promised we'd take it, so, world, meet Chip:He is the oddest colour- black/brown around the head and fading to grey with a black tail. And those white whiskers are too cute!
One of the things I've been praying about for a long time is to move to a place where I can go to daily Mass, and my prayers have been answered. I've been going to Mass every day except Saturday and Monday which are the only two days it's not offered here. There is also Adoration and Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Friday. The priest here does something I have found rather odd and very distracting- during the Holy Hour, instead of periods of silence between the prayers he plays "meditative music" which is suspiciously like elevator music or hippy mood music. I'm told it's John Michael Talbot. It's definitely not Sacred Music. Apparently the faithful of the parish have had no luck in getting the priest to not include the music (Muzak). Hmmmm. We'll see.
Talking to one of the parishioners who also goes to daily Mass, I found out that there are others here who want the Latin Mass, and that there is a little Church in Moyie ( a small town about 30 miles from here) that is still set up in the Traditional manner, and may be available for our use. You can be sure that I'm going to make a lot of noise (the squeaky wheel gets the grease) about bringing in an FSSP priest on a regular basis . I may not be too popular with our parish priest here about that as apparently he does not like things Latin, including Gregorian Chant. I shall have to pray for him. ( A priest who does not like Gregorian Chant?? How odd.)
I have started reading Shorter Summa by St. Thomas Aquinas. God, it seems, allows us to grow at the pace He sets for us; I've tried reading this book before, but apparently I wasn't ready for it. That has happened to me with other books too, it's as if spiritual growth has it's own plan and one must not get things out of order. Like the rose, the outer petals must unfold before the inner part of the blossom can show it's beauty, and our Catholic faith is slowly unfolding it's mysteries to me, one book, one prayer, one Mass at a time.

3 comments:

John Michael said...

We will be praying for you to be able to get an FSSP priest to come offer the Extraordinary Form. It is truly a blessing to have one nearby!

That is the cutest kitten I have ever seen. And, I am not really a cat person either. So, that's saying a lot.

We will be praying for you to find the home God has chosen for you. God bless you!
JM

paramedicgirl said...

What a great post! Oh, and the kitty is cute too, as kittens go, that is...

I know exactly what you mean when you say we must grow in grace at the pace God sets for us. I remember reading Story of a Soul 12 years ago, and I could never comprehend how Therese could be a saint, never having done any great things. Now, I fully understand that God made her a saint to show us how to use our daily ccrosses to bring us to sanctity. It seems so simple now, but then, I just didn't get it.

paramedicgirl said...

Oh, I will talk to Father Deprey about saying the Latin Mass in Creston. Apparently, his parents live there, and he goes there to visit.