Life is a journey; the choices you make now will determine your eternal destination.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

St. Joseph's stairway

This is the stairway at the Loretto Chapel in Santa Fe, New Mexico, possibly built by St. Joseph. I love this story and this beautiful staircase, because it is so representative of St. Joseph.
In the story, the nuns made a novena to St. Joseph, and their prayers were answered by a mysterious man who built this amazing staircase. When we are in need of assistance, our prayers to him ascend like this staircase, built out of our faith, and how often he helps us! Never underestimate this great Saint, have confidence in him, ask his intersession especially for the dying.

3 comments:

Marilena said...

i have the movie called the staircase. its a good movie. this is truly a miracle this staircase!

zetor said...

I think I have heard that story before. I think I neglect St. Joseph sometimes must make a mental reminder to remedy this especially on his feast day.

Aussie Therese said...

I love the story too. Snopes has it down as a urban legend but don't really offer any concrete reasons for it.

I believe it was built by St. Joseph especially since the worker disappeared without being paid.