Life is a journey; the choices you make now will determine your eternal destination.

Monday, February 9, 2009

Prayer for the week

Yesterday was one of those days when everything went south. It should have been a lovely, relaxing Sunday, going to Mass with my husband, hauling a horse for a friend of ours, and spending some time with my own horses. Well I did all that, but everything was a trial, nothing went well. The Mass was more like a revival meeting, the horse didn't want to load, I didn't get to spend more than a few minutes with my own horses- no riding- and my husband wiped out on the ice and is in a lot of pain, fortunately didn't break anything.
On a day like that, the thing to do is remember the suffering of Our Lord, and remember to offer up our own, in comparison small, suffering. So this prayer I wrote, which I have been praying as a novena to end on Wednesday, the feast of Our Lady of Lourdes, is very appropriate:

Our Lady of Lourdes, you appeared to St. Bernadette and gave us the holy well of your healing water. O Mary, we cannot go to Lourdes, but we come to you and ask us to heal us in our present trials. Blessed Mother, strengthen our resolve to accept suffering as the will of God, for the purification of our souls. Amen.

1 comment:

Tom in Vegas said...

So sorry to hear about your day. I've had days like those as well, and a single day like that one seem to occupy the length of two days:0(

Above all, I hope your husband is okay and heals quickly. Thank God he broke no bones.

You know, Father Benedict Groeschel spends a good portion of his teaching time trying to drill into our heads that bad things can happen to good people. I’m one of these slow individuals who struggles with that concept despite the fact that there is ample proof to substantiate his claim.