Life is a journey; the choices you make now will determine your eternal destination.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

My Journey, Continued

"People today do not come to God through the order of the universe; they come to God through disorder within their own selves." This quote from Archbishop Sheen, is true in my own case. It was the emptiness in my life and the knowledge that there was something missing that brought me back to the Catholic Church and an active prayer life. When I look at the people in my life, I can see so many of them that also have this emptiness and are not even aware of it; they are dissatisfied and find no joy in life, but don't know how to change.
The beginning of change has to be in surrendering ourselves to the inspiration of grace. Those still, small voices within us that prompt us to do something good; a kindness, or a charitable act. So often these are shrugged away as an inconvenience, as the world takes over. Sheen also says; "The path of duty, in a flash of an eye, becomes very plain, but self-indulgence makes the soul as blind as a mole."
Don't be afraid to give in to the inspirations of grace. It will take you out of your comfort zone, to be sure. It may make you the center of ridicule among your family and friends. It may give your life the fulfillment your restless soul has been seeking.

No comments: