Life is a journey; the choices you make now will determine your eternal destination.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Dec. 11 and what it means to me

This was my sister, Sharron. We were very close. I think she was 14 when this picture was taken. At the age of 16, she was hit and killed by a drunk driver while walking along the side of the highway. Today, she would have been celebrating her 58th birthday.
Her patron saint is St Therese, and I have been making a novena to her that ends today. Please join me in the last day of this novena:

St Therese of the Roses, please pray for the soul of my sister, Sharron. Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine on her and may she rest in peace. Amen.

Please remember that you never know the hour or the day when Our Lord will call you home; be prepared by always striving to remain in a state of grace, always trying to do God's will in your daily life, and remembering that each day draws you closer to death and is a preparation for your eternal life.

2 comments:

Marilena said...

may she have eternal joy with our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, and our brother, Joe.

Happy 58th Sharon!

Therese said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I will be praying for the repose of her soul.

God bless
Therese