Life is a journey; the choices you make now will determine your eternal destination.

Friday, November 7, 2008

Fight or Fade

It is time for every Catholic, indeed, every Christian, to take a stand on our faith. We are being assaulted on every front, from our babes in the womb to our elderly and sick; from our work places to our churches, our hospitals, and schools. Everywhere there is an anti-Christian, and especially anti-Catholic, agenda. We have a choice: You can say, it doesn't concern me; I am a good Catholic- I go to Church, receive the Sacraments, I pray every day. You can fade into the background and just live out your life. Or you can choose to fight. That is the hardest choice. It means facing ridicule and scorn. It means speaking up against all the evil that is being forced on us by politicians and people with culture of death agendas. It means setting an example for others. It means financially supporting those who are fighting the good fight. It means taking a stand with your children and not letting them fall prey to the undermining of fashion trends and peer pressure. It means taking the time to make your voice heard by your political representative on issues that are being voted on in Parliament or the Senate. It means inspiring others in your family and friends to renew their religious faith so that they too will not be steamrolled by a society hellbent on destruction. It means getting up off your couch and your comfort zone. It means the salvation of your soul.
I would dearly love to become a hermit at this time; just fade away to a cabin in the wilderness and spend the rest of my life in prayer, as my 78 year old mother is doing. ( God Bless her!) But I am certain that God gave me this outspoken and tenacious personality for another reason. So I am going to stand up and be counted, no matter the cost. After all, I have a good example to follow:


7 comments:

Marilena said...

i chose to fight for my faith. iam have been subjected to intense scorn and ridicule for our faith as you know at the hands of anti catholics, the jw's. for 10 years i was the subject of bitterness and scorn, and did that deter me? no way! it brought me back to the faith, and helped make my faith even stronger than it was before! so yeah, i chose to fight not fade!

paramedicgirl said...

Shirley, what, you and me outspoken?? Can't be so!

You know, many times I,too have desired the life of a hermit - do you suppose it runs in our family? God bless Mom for living a life of hardship, penance and prayer. (Has she ever sent you her prayer list? She prays all day long!)

Marilena said...

God bless mom indeed! her faith is very inspiring! mom and her faith are the 2 things that i hung onto during those dark years when i suffered scorn and ridicule. God bless her indeed!

Marilena said...

pmg, hermitness must run in the family. i think almost all of us desire solitude and quiet. mom is a very fine example of a devoted Catholic. indeed she is.

Marilena said...

out spoken ness also runs in the family... hee hee hee hee:) just ask frank.....

Tom in Vegas said...

I think you are correct. It's time we become much more vocal about those things we believe in and remind those who are asleep to WAKE UP and get themselves a conscience.

Shirley said...

Tom, Fr. Corapi says not just a conscience, but a well-formed conscience. What better way to a well formed conscience than to follow the teachings of the Catholic Church, which alone contains the fullness of the Truth.