Life is a journey; the choices you make now will determine your eternal destination.

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

New Books!

I have a lot of reading to do now; first I must thank my sister at Salve Regina for sending me Attaining Salvation by St. Alphonsus Liguori. Also the books I ordered from FSSP publications arrived: From the Rose Garden of Our Lady-a little book of Rosary meditations; The Little Office Of the Blessed Virgin Mary; and Aquinas's Shorter Summa. I am sure that all these books are going to help me on my journey. FSSP Publications also gave me three holy cards with prayers on the back. One of them is going to my sister, as it is a prayer for priests, and her spiritual vocation is praying for priests.

6 comments:

Sister Mary Martha said...

I just read a GREAT book called "My Cousin the Saint" I highly recommend it.

Shirley said...

What saint is it about?

Tom in Vegas said...

That's some great reading you're doing there, Shirley. I just got two simple books on understanding Eastern Catholicism.

I'm so behind with my reading!

Shirley said...

Tom, the St. Alphonsus book is a real treasure; simple to use as a daily meditation and perfect for someone like you whose time is limited- how's school going, by the way? The Thomas Aquinas book I am saving for winter reading; right now I am trying to figure out the Little Office,as I intend to pray it as much as possible.

Tom in Vegas said...

Shirley-

School is going well, but exhausting. I have to do some studying this weekend for an upcoming test. I'm also preparing myself psychologically for spring semester since I will be taking more classes simultaneously. I also have plans for taking at least one class during the summer till I graduate.

Oh boy.

paramedicgirl said...

Shirley, you're welcome for the book. I've got to get busy on my reading! I still haven't finished Preparation for Death.