Life is a journey; the choices you make now will determine your eternal destination.

Thursday, August 7, 2008

My Journey, Continued

In my last post on my journey, I wrote that the road to Heaven is paved with grace. I am willing to spend the rest of my life trying merit heaven for my eternal soul; to do this I must be open to grace. It means putting aside my own inclinations and cantankerousness to do the will of God - easier said than done! How easy it is to be upset with someone else for what they say or do that does not suit my way of doing things; to take offence when criticised; to not be willing to help another if I don't personally like that person! How often have I ignored the inspirations of the Holy Spirit telling me to do this or that charitable act; or my Guardian Angel prompting me to do something that I later wish I had done.
We all have to take responsibility for the destination of our souls, and every moment of every day, we must make the right choices in what we say, think, and do if we wish to attain the glory of Heaven.
I am thankful for the Sacraments, which allow us to continually come back to a state of grace when, in our human weakness, we fall, as we so often do. Especially the Sacrament of Reconciliation. And I thank God for His mercy and love, and pray for more and holy priests to continue to bring us the Sacraments.

1 comment:

paramedicgirl said...

Shirley, I think you are doing very well on your journey to heaven. You have much more patience than I do! You mentioned not ignoring the promptings of our guardian angels; I often get that little push - a prompting to do something NOW, that I attribute to my guardian angel. I am getting better at not ignoring it. Usually it has to do with prayer or is a prompting to make a Holy Hour at the Divine Mercy Chapel I took you to in June.