Life is a journey; the choices you make now will determine your eternal destination.

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

My brother's birthday

Today my brother would have been 54. This picture was taken in 1975, at a tree planting camp in the Rockies. I ask Joe to pray for the conversion of my other brothers and my father, and I offer this prayer for Joe's soul:
O gentlest Heart of Jesus, ever present in the Blessed Sacrament, ever consumed with burning love for the poor captive souls in Purgatory, have mercy on the soul of Your departed servant (Joe).Be not severe in Your judgement, but let some drops of Your Precious Blood fall upon him, and send, O merciful Savior, Your angels to conduct him to a place of refreshment, light and peace. Amen.

5 comments:

paramedicgirl said...

Shirley, I also did a similiar post, with that same very beautiful prayer you sent me.

Tom in Vegas said...

Just came from PG's blog.

Again I say, what a shame. I prayed the Prayer of Commendation for him.

Shirley said...

Thanks, Tom. It means a lot to know that others will pray for his soul. Perhaps he is in a position that he can pray for us. God rest his soul, and Melissa's soul.

Marilena said...

54:) happy birthday big brother! i miss you!

Shirley said...

Thanks Marilena; I stand corrected.