Life is a journey; the choices you make now will determine your eternal destination.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Our Lady of Mt. Carmel

Today is the feast day of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel. I wear the brown scapular, and never take it off. I encourage everyone, especially men, to get enrolled in the Brown Scapular for the sake of their souls. The book, Prayers and Heavenly Promises by Joan Carrolll Cruz, contains the ritual for enrollment, to be performed by the priest. Scapular wearers share in the daily prayers of the Carmelite Order and the good works of the Scapular Confraternity.
The scapular is a very powerful sacramental; here is a story, posted on my sister's blog, Salve Regina, that comes from our family. It leaves me in no doubt how much the devil hates the scapular. All the more reason to wear it!

1 comment:

Marilena said...

the only time i take off my scapular is when have a bath. i know, i could leave it on, but i want it to last.
i have attached to it, a medal of Saint Therese, and the cord of Saint Philomena. -> my patron saint:)