Life is a journey; the choices you make now will determine your eternal destination.

Friday, July 25, 2008

My Journey, Continued-The Mass


I am reading The Incredible Catholic Mass, by Fr. Martin von Cochem, a wonderful book which should be on the must read list of every Christian, Catholic or not. There is so much information on the Mass in this book that I am at a loss as to which part to expound on here, so I will leave it to you to make an effort to find and read this book. Reading it will change the way you prepare yourself for Mass; it will enrich your understanding of what actually transpires at the altar; it will open up to you ways to make certain of your own salvation and the salvation of others. It will be a means of increasing grace in your life.

This is a book that should be read and reread and makes a great gift; so I am ordering 5 of these books from Tan, and here is your opportunity to obtain one. I will randomly select someone from the comments section on this post. This is open to all my regular commenters and to every reader of this blog so if you have never posted a comment before, here is a good reason to start.

15 comments:

Therese said...

Shirley,\

Thanks so much for this book give away. This book sounds fantastic. I would love a copy. I would be happy to pay postage if you select me as one of the five.

Thank you.
Therese

paramedicgirl said...

Shirley, I am so glad you are reading this book. The title is very fitting, it is indeed an incredible book! You are right, it needs to be read and re-read. It is one of those books that inspire one to holiness. (Now I want my copy back!!!) LOL!

I am going to link to this post of yours to help you give this book away to your readers.

Peter said...

Me too, Shirley. What else do I have to do.

Shirley said...

Peter, you sound sad.What else, indeed, but to learn wonders of our Mass that most people will never understand. (You can't be sad after reading this book; it wll fill you with joy).

Therese said...

I have put something on my blog too Shirley.

Shirley said...

Thanks, paramedicgirl and Therese!

Almost Catholic Momma said...

I read about the book giveaway on Therese's blog and was intrigued. I'm always up for learning more about the Mass and how I can increase grace in my life as well as my familiy's.
Please count me in.
Thanks!

Peter said...

Thanks, Shirley, for your concern. I would love to receive this book.

God bless you and your work.

Col. B said...

I read about this on Salve Regina, your sisters blog. This book sounds very interesting. I am a new convert and I'm trying read everything I can get my hands on about the church, I would love a copy.

Purpleflowerpatch said...

This sounds like a book to treasure! I've been wanting something for my dh to read, something to draw him to the beauty and sacredness of attending Mass.

Samuel said...

This book sounds great. Tremendous picture of St. Padre Pio by the way.

GrandmaK said...

The book sounds wonderful...one I'd read even if not "given" to me...Thank you for the give away. I heard about it via Aussie Coffee Shop! Have a good day!! Cathy

Shirley said...

Thanks for the entries, and keep them coming. The books have been ordered, and as soon as I get them I will decide who to send them to.

catherine said...

This book sounds amazing and sounds like something I need! I love your blog and will be back. God Bless.

In Christ,

Catherine

Shirley said...

Thanks for all the entries: Comments are now closed on this post.