Life is a journey; the choices you make now will determine your eternal destination.

Monday, July 28, 2008

The baptism of my neice, Valarie

The reason I posted the baptism image for Sunday Silence is because my husband and I were in Calgary to be the Godparents for my neice. This is my sister, Danielle, with the priest and Valarie. We attended the Latin Mass and she was baptised afterwards.She cried a little, but I think all babies cry at baptism because the devil is so angry at losing his grasp on their soul !

After the baptism we consecrated her to the Immaculate Heart of Mary, who this Church is named for. Valarie, we will do our best to keep you faithful to God!

4 comments:

Marilena said...

it was a wonderful baptism! it was good to be there at the first traditional baptism i've ever seen:) God is wonderful!

Therese said...

congratulations to baby Valarie.

I have tagged you for a meme. See my blog for details.

paramedicgirl said...

Nice pic! I saw Danielle and the babies a few days before she left. Valerie is a beautiful baby. I'm glad she picked you and Ted for sponsors. It's important to have a sponsor who will actually pray for the little ones they stand in for.

Marilena said...

that's right pmg, it is important. very. iam delighted shirley and ted are the god parents. :)